With all of its magnificent wonders come fascinating insects.
Because I am ready to connect my hotspot to the television…
They both concluded they wanted nothing to do with one another.
Fortunately, I know how to circumvent this issue.
And you can as well.
Keep reading to discover:
- How upgrading your television can resolve this issue.
- The reasons why your television cannot connect to your hotspot.
- Seven fast remedies you can try to prevent this error from occurring.
- Much more…
Why is my TV unable to connect to my hotspot?
Your TV cannot connect to your hotspot because it already has too many devices connected. Other potential causes include obsolete phone software or television firmware. Rarely, your data plan may prohibit non-mobile devices from connecting to your hotspot.
There are seven remedies for a television that cannot connect to a hotspot.
1: Reboot your phone and television
Errors and malfunctions…
Despite our efforts to avoid them, they inevitably occur.
And they are typically to blame when basic connections suddenly fail.
Fortunately, though, random software defects are also the simplest to solve.
A quick restart or reboot will resolve the issue.
And if you’re wondering how restarting your hotspot can repair it…
It is not a direct solution, but rather an indirect consequence.
And if I were to describe it…
A reboot is the equivalent of a coffee break for your devices.
As you are aware, your television and phone are always in use. And so long as they remain open, they remain such.
Therefore, when you request that your TV connect to your hotspot, for instance…
It’s like… “Meh. “I am too occupied to accomplish it.”
However, by restarting your devices, you give them the opportunity to terminate all processes.
Therefore, when you reopen them…
Their systems will be in mint condition, which means…
They can concentrate on the one precise command you issue:
To establish a connection using the hotspot connection.
So to start, let’s restart your mobile device.
To restart iOS devices:
- Press and hold the device’s volume button and side button.
- Await the appearance of the power-slider.
- When the slider appears, drag it to the right.
- Wait thirty seconds
- To turn on your phone, press and hold the button on the right side.
Release the button once the Apple logo appears.
To restart Android devices, perform the following:
- Hold the power button for five to ten seconds.
- Await the appearance of a window.
- Select Restart from the available options.
- Wait till the process is complete.
Following a reset of your mobile phone…
It’s time to restart the television.
And to keep things simple for you, we will restart it by cycling the power.
Unplugging a device is equivalent to cycling power.
This method is applicable to all televisions, so you can follow along with confidence.
To power cycle a television:
- Turn off your television.
- Unplug the device from the power outlet.
- Hold the TV’s power button for fifteen seconds.
- Wait ten additional seconds.
- Plug in your television and turn it on again.
Watch this video for more information on how to power cycle your television:
2: Check whether your hotspot is compatible with other devices
Occasionally, the issue is not caused by your television, but by the hotspot itself.
Therefore, prior to making any changes to your television…
Verify that your hotspot is not the issue.
You can accomplish this by connecting a different device to your hotspot.
To do so:
- Turn on your phone’s mobile hotspot.
- Connect a second device to the wireless network.
- Verify that the internet works on the connected device.
If your hotspot is incompatible with other devices…
Then you should concentrate on your phone or your cellular service.
But if you’re thinking, “My hotspot is functional. There are already connected gadgets.”
Then the subsequent fix could be the solution to your problem.
Because you must now…
3: Disconnect other devices from your wireless network.
Unlike WiFi connections…
Hotspots have a slower internet connection speed.
And if your television knows that your hotspot is too slow…
It may deny the network.
Therefore, if you intend to use your hotspot to broadcast on your television…
It is prudent to disconnect other devices from your connection before connecting your new device.
Your television will receive the maximum speed possible from your hotspot.
So exclude additional devices from your network…
Also, try reconnecting the TV to the hotspot.
4: Update your TV
A firmware update is essential for a seamless streaming experience.
But to be sincere, even if we all know this…
Sometimes it can be a minor annoyance to wait for updates to complete before being able to view.
So I completely understand if your television has not been upgraded yet.
For the most part, mine is not as good.
However, incidents such as this remind us of the significance of upgrades.
They are, after all, what keeps our television system functioning properly.
In contrast, obsolete firmware can result in connectivity and connection problems.
This may be why you cannot connect your television to a hotspot network.
But do not fret.
TV updates are extremely simple.
And to make things even simpler for you…
Separate instructions have been created for: LG Smart TVs, TCL Smart TVs, Sony Smart TVs, and Samsung Smart TVs.
Note: Regardless of the type of television you own, you must be connected to the internet in order to complete a firmware update. Consequently, before continuing, confirm that your TV is linked to WiFi.
Update two LG Smart TV models
- Tap Smart/Home on the remote control.
- In the upper-right corner of the display, click Settings.
- Choose All Settings
- Click General.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click About this TV.
- Select Check for updates.
- Comply with the on-screen prompts.
- Press the Smart/Home button on the remote.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Settings.
- Select Others > Software Update from the menu.
- Activate Software Update.
- Check the option displayed on-screen to enable automatic updates.
- Select Check for Version Updates.
- Comply with the on-screen prompts.
You can choose to conceal the progress of your firmware upgrade on Netcast TVs. Therefore, you can continue to use your TV while the update is being applied.
To upgrade a TCL Smart TV, you must:
- On your remote, press Home.
- Position your cursor over the Settings icon and click it.
- Scroll down and select Additional Settings.
- From the available options, choose Device Preferences.
- Select About > System Update from the menu.
- In the resulting box, select Network Update. 7. When a list of available software updates appears, click OK.
- Three Sony Smart TV models are updated
Google TV models:
- Tap the gear symbol or Quick Settings on the remote control.
- On your display, tap the settings icon.
- Select System > About > System software update from the menu.
- Enable the option to check for updates automatically.
For Android TV models:
- Press Help or Home on the remote control.
- If you just have the Home option, select Help now.
- Locate Status & Diagnostics and click on it.
- Select Update System software.
- Activate the Automatic software download feature.
Other Sony television models:
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, select Help.
- Navigate to Customer service > Software update.
- Select Network if the option is available.
- Select Yes or OK.
To upgrade a Samsung Smart TV:
- Click the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate to Settings
- Locate Support and click on it.
- Select the Software Update > Update Now option.
- Wait for the procedure to conclude.
- Select Accept to exit.
And as you wait for the TV upgrade to finish…
I also suggest that you…
5: Update your mobile device
New network features and bug fixes are also included in system updates for your phone.
So not maintaining the most recent software version…
Eventually could render your network connections inoperable.
Similar to what you are currently experiencing.
However, additional devices can connect to my hotspot.
If this is the case, your phone is not the issue.
I suggest you update it while you’re at it.
This prevents additional potential issues in the future.
The specific procedure may differ based on the brand of your mobile device. The majority, though, can be updated by following these instructions.
To update Android devices:
- Open your mobile device and connect it to Wifi.
- Open the Settings application.
- Navigate to System > Update system.
- Follow the steps on-screen to install the most recent version.
To update iOS devices:
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Connect it to the power source and WiFi.
- Select Settings > General.
- Select Update Software
- Select the Download and Install button.
After the update completes…
Attempt to reopen your hotspot and reconnect your TV.
If the issue persists…
6: Check your data balance
Depending on your data plan…
Your mobile device may not have unlimited cellular data.
And if you’ve exhausted your data…
Then your hotspot will cease to function automatically.
Therefore, it is essential to double-check your data level before connecting your TV.
- You can accomplish this by calling your service provider.
- Checking using the app of your service provider.
- Examining your data usage in your phone’s settings.
7: Reset the factory settings on your television
If the six solutions above did not work…
It may be time to reset your TV to factory settings.
A factory reset returns your TV’s settings and data to their original state.
Simply put, this reset erases your television’s memory of you.
Which is regrettable…
But occasionally also required.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to accomplish this.
Contact your Service provider for a Bonus
If none of these solutions resolved your hotspot issue…
Inquire with your service provider.
Some cellular plans prohibit TVs and other non-mobile devices from connecting to a hotspot.
This could be the case for you if you contact your service provider.
And even if it isn’t…
They may be able to further assist you with your hotspot connection problems.